This course was created to bring students to understand and learned boiler operation and maintenance practices. It was designed to help take the mystery out of wondering if your boiler is safe and operating efficiently.
Overall, this program is designed to extend boiler life, improve boiler efficiency, and save energy costs for the employer, while establishing a culture of safe work practices.
Individuals involved with residential hot water systems will also find this course extremely valuable.
Module 1 – Introduction to Steam
- Heat Transfer
- Fundamentals of steam
- Steam and condensate system
Module 2 – General Construction of Boiler
- Types of Boiler
- Requirement of good boiler
- Boiler component – tubes, drum, fitting & mounting etc
Module 3 – Boiler Mountings
- Mounting & accessories
- Mounting requirements
- Safety valves, gauges & blowdown
Module 4 : Basic Calculations of Efficiency of Boiler
- Carnot Cycle
- Rankine Efficiency
- Boiler Efficiency
Module 5 : Combustion
- Introduction of combustion
- Heat generation process
- Types of Burner
- Burner Position
Question & Answer
- All plant & facilities maintenance technicians
- Energy management personnel
- Mechanical engineers
- Any person needing a basic course in boiler systems.